Duck! Bulgogi ~

Duck Bulgogi - Ori Bulgogi (오리 불고기)


It could be my favourite Korean dish at the moment! :D



Ori Bulgogi is duck marinated in Bulgogi sauce and freshly cooked in front of you! :d 
It's more interesting and has a stronger aroma than the usual beef Bulgogi in my opinion.


The sauce is what makes this dish quite unique. 
The dipping sauce is a mixture of grounded sesame seeds and the world famous spicy sauce - the red pepper sauce. 

When mixed thoroughly, it looks like this!



The way we eat it is like the SamBab I wrote in my previous blog entry. 
The sweetness of the duck is complimented by the various flavours of the side dishes and the spicy twist of the dipping sauce.


We didn't have rice with the dish until the very end. 
When the duck is almost finished, you can order to have a fried rice dish to top up your stomach :D
The fried rice is stirred in medium fame and a combination of mixed vegetables that can be found in most bibimbab dishes ~ (spring onion, sprouts, mushroom etc.)





Regards,


Ray K

Comments

  1. Ray -
    This looks amazing. I used to LOVE bulgogi - we would get it at a restaurant in northern Virginia that had a primarily Korean clientele. A woman I briefly dated introduced me to the pleasure of bulgogi, and then she dumped me. At least I got to continue enjoying bulgogi! We once nearly set the place on fire because we kept ordering more bowls of it to grill up. I can't even imagine how good duck would be prepared this way! My mouth is watering thinking about it, and I'm getting flashbacks to the sizzling sound of the meat cooking in the middle of the table. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Oh damn. Sorry to hear that.
    IT is an awesome piece of culinary indeed.
    I don't think it's that popular in Aussie, I have to change that :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment